You can trust our experience to create a customized treatment for you. We offer multiple laser technologies so we can offer the latest and most advanced lasers as well as more affordable alternatives. By matching your unique eye anatomy and prescription with the right technology, we can achieve the best possible outcome for you.
A key component in quality vision care is technology.
When you decide to undergo LASIK or other types of vision correction, you want to know that the equipment being used on your eyes is first class. Dr. David I. Malitz believes that much of a surgeon?s responsibility to his patients applying advanced technology in a safe and effective manner. To stay on the cutting edge of LASIK laser vision correction, Dr. Malitz constantly evaluates new technologies that can offer the best treatment options for patients.
CustomVue Technology – STAR S4 Laser
The VISX STAR platform’s heritage of dependability and performance is well known. The STAR S4 from VISX has taken that reputation to an even higher level. Our excimer laser system represents an advanced laser technology platform. The Visx platform is chosen by more surgeons in the USA than any other laser. By integrating data collected by the WaveScan WaveFront System, the STAR S4 utilizes these exclusive VISX technologies to deliver precision custom ablations:
- Variable Spot Scanning (VSS): Variable beam sizes from as small as 0.65 mm up to 6.5 mm scanned over the treatment area, conserving tissue and optimizing treatment times
- Variable Repetition Rate (VRR): VRR delivers treatment at varying repetition rates, optimizing treatment time
- ActiveTrak 3-D Active Eye Tracking: Captures all 3 dimensions of intra-operative eye movements?no dilation required
- ActiveTrak Automatic Centering: Locates, and then automatically sets the treatment center to the center of the pupil.
Beyond Glasses and Contacts-
- Glasses and contacts are limited in their ability to correct unique imperfections in each individual’s vision. In fact, thousands of individuals have the same prescription. With the CustomVue procedure, no two ?prescriptions? are identical.
- This precise level of measurement and treatment can enable individuals to achieve the full potential of their vision.
Clinical Study Results-
VISX’s FDA clinical study results were remarkable. Among other things:
- At one year after the VISX CustomVue procedure
- 100% of the clinical study participants could pass a driving test without glasses or contacts
- 98% of the clinical study participants could see 20/20 or better without glasses or contacts
- 70% of the clinical study participants could see 20/16 or better without glasses or contacts.
- Four times as many clinical study participants were very satisfied with their night vision after the VISX CustomVue procedure compared to their night vision before with glasses or contacts.
Crystalens offers significant advantages over other kinds of lens implants and corrective lenses. Standard (single vision) lens implants don’t have the ability to provide a full range of vision. Most people who have single vision lens implants MUST wear glasses for middle and near vision. Crystalens has the unique ability to focus on objects at varying distances using the eye?s natural muscle. This means the Crystalens can provide sharper vision, without corrective lenses, throughout a full range of vision from near to far and everything in between.
Crystalens? FDA one-year clinical study results indicate:
- 92% of the people enrolled in the study (implanted bilaterally) could see 20/25 or better at distance
- 96% could see 20/20 at arm?s length
- 73% could see 20/25 at near
- 98% of these people could pass their drivers test
- 100% could see their computer or put on their makeup
- 98% could read a magazine, all without glasses or contact lenses.
Also, your ability to see at approximately arm’s length (middle vision) will be greatly enhanced with the Crystalens. In addition, the quality of vision compared to wearing bifocals and/or trifocals is significantly improved. You’ll have a full range of vision by simply looking at something. Crystalens, mimicking the natural focusing ability of your eye, will automatically focus your eye at near, arm?s length, or distance.